New Hampshire Personal Injury Blog

Labor Day Weekend 2017 and Safe Car Driving In New Hampshire

Labor Day Weekend 2017 and Safe Car Driving in NH

Labor Day weekend is once again upon us and New Hampshire’s roadways will be crowded with thousands of motor vehicles. The weather is still warm and vacation spots are filled with vacationers looking to party and revel one last time before the coolness of fall arrives followed by the chill of winter. Although AAA no longer considers the weekend to be one of the top automotive travel weekends nationally, New Hampshire is an exception. There are a number of festivals and outdoor activities planned, college students are returning and shopping for back to school is still in full force. And while most of us will look to take advantage of the long weekend, we should all be mindful of safe driving practices.

1. Distracted Driving: The rise in use of in car electronic options and of course the use of cell phones related texting and status updates, present ongoing dangers.
2. Drinking and Drugs: Backyard barbecues and get-togethers present additional opportunities for impaired driving. Make plans for a designated driver if you are planning to drive, especially at night.
3. Check for Motorcycles: The warm weather and Labor Day weekend means that motorcyclists will be out in full force. Motorcycles are less visible than cars and unlike experienced bicyclists; motorcyclists do not prefer the colorful and highly visible dress options.
4. Tourists and Bad drivers: While we all love visitors to our beautiful state, be mindful that they are prone to getting lost and/or making quick lane changes on the roadways.

The number of motor vehicle accidents in New Hampshire and nationally continues to increase at a disturbing rate. We encourage all to make wise driving decisions not only this Labor Day, but at all times. If you have the unfortunate experience to have a motor vehicle accident or other personal injury caused in part by the negligence of another, please call an experienced personal injury law firm in New Hampshire. The Feniger and Uliasz Law Firm with offices in Manchester and Dover, New Hampshire, will return your call immediately and advise you as to your next steps.

How Do I Prove That I Have A Personal Injury In NH?

How Do I Prove That I Have A Personal Injury in Nh?

If you were in an accident or suffered personal injury caused in part or whole by the negligence of another, it is critical that you seek proper medical treatment. The sooner the better to document your injury. Let us look at an example of an occurrence.

You are seeking to merge onto a busy roadway, stopping and starting to move as you look for your opening. Suddenly you experience an unexpected jolt; your head whips backward and then forward from the force. You pull over, adrenaline pumping as you attempt to control your anger at the negligent driver that rear ended you.You exchange information, take pictures, obtain any witness contact information, refrain from saying anything unnecessary and call the police.

Your next step should be a trip to the hospital, emergency care facility or your personal physician. Human nature tends to dissuade us from taking such a step as we want to believe that there is nothing wrong. In truth, the adrenaline is likely masking symptoms of personal injury. Be smart, ignore the emotions and have yourself checked out immediately if you have any symptoms of injury of soon thereafter if you develop pain.
The attending physician will ask you questions regarding the mechanics of the accident, how it happened and what impact to your body in the vehicle when you were hit. The physician will then ask about your pain, where it is and how much it hurts. It is important that you give an accurate and truthful account because the physician is seeking to diagnose the extent of your injury and the cause. His/her medical notes become a trusted and important record of the incident. You may also ask the attending physician to include other information in their documentation. For example, noting that you had no previous history of neck and back discomfort. This is a crucial piece of documentation and critical if an injury claim is to follow.

In summary, gather as much information and documentation as possible, including pictures, roadway conditions, eyewitness information, police reports, and medical check-up. You should contact your insurance company and make an appointment or speak by phone with a law office that is experienced in these types of personal injury cases. Do not speak to the insurance company claims adjuster until you know your rights.
Please call the Feniger & Uliasz ( today to talk to an experienced lawyer and if necessary schedule an appointment. We will listen, suggest next steps and provide you with an effective plan based on over twenty-five years of experience in handling personal injury cases inNew Hampshire and Massachusetts. Phone us at #603-627-5997 7 days a week.

NTSB Study Indicates Speeding Kills Almost as Much As Drunk Driving

NTSB Study Indicates Speeding Kills Almost as Much As Drunk Driving

Recently, (7/25/17) the National Traffic Safety Board released a research study that indicated motor vehicle speeding is almost as big a factor in traffic deaths compared with other risky driving behaviors such as drunk driving, in part because “there is a less social stigma surrounding speeding than drunk driving or texting”. The NTSB research determined that 112,500 people died in speeding related US highway deaths from 2005-2014. The Board noted: “speeding is one of the most common factors in motor vehicle crashes in the US”. From 2005 to 2014 nearly 1/3 of all traffic fatalities were related to speeding. Locally, deaths on New Hampshire roads were 61% higher in 2016 than the first six months of the two preceding years according to data from the National Safety Council (Concord Monitor). One exception to the trend is the decrease in motorcycle deaths in New Hampshire according to the New Hampshire Department of Safety. Lower gas prices and increased tourism have translated into more traffic on New Hampshire’s highways.

The NTSB suggests countermeasures for decreasing speeding fatalities include increased speeding enforcement on highways, point–to- point enforcement (measuring time to go from point A to point B), and more public awareness campaigns addressing the risks of speeding. Increased use of speed cameras in states that do not have them –including all New England states – has also been proven to be an effective deterrent to motor vehicle speeding.

The Law Office of Feniger and Uliasz has represented hundreds of New Hampshire and out of state clients involved in traffic accidents over the past 25 years.If you have been involved in a traffic accident consult with an experienced and dedicated New Hampshire personal injury law firm. At Feniger and Uliasz, we will assist you with your legal options as you contend with the insurance companies. For a no-obligation consultation please call us today at #603-627-5997.



New Hampshire Work Injury Law: How to File a Claim

New Hampshire NH Work Injury Law

When injured at work, you only have a certain amount of time to file a claim to get compensated for your injury. In New Hampshire, you have up to two years to notify the employer of your injury. Even then it is wise to file the claim immediately. The longer you wait, the more skeptical the employer and insurance carrier will be.

The first things you need to do are notifying your employer and seek medical care. Your employer is required to file the claim, even if they question the injury. In the event that this does occur, contact a local work injury lawyer in New Hampshire. They will help you to address the situation.

Your employer should have the necessary worker’s compensation forms for you to fill out. It then becomes your employer’s responsibility to submit the forms to the appropriate insurance carrier. If they don’t have the forms, or refuse to file them, you can file a claim yourself with the state’s worker’s compensation agency, in NH it is the Department of Labor in Concord.

The insurance company will investigate the claim. They have 21 days to make a decision to accept or deny your claim in NH. An adjuster will be assigned and want to speak with you and any witnesses, as well as your employer and co-employees. In many cases the insurance carrier will accept the claim and agree to pay benefits.

However, things may not go so smoothly. An employer may dispute your claim or the medical record may not be clear. The best way to deal with this is to keep good documentation of your injuries and the treatment. It may also be a good time to consider hiring a worker’s compensation attorney for your workplace accident if you have not done so already. Having documentation on hand will help the process considerably.

There are many things to consider when thinking about hiring an attorney to help you with a worker’s compensation claim. Keep in mind that many workers’ compensation attorneys do very little advertising. They often rely on word of mouth to advertise their business. Begin your search by talking to friends and family members to see if they have a recommendation. If they don’t have one, you can find some through an Internet search.

Once you’ve found an attorney, check their website to see if they emphasize worker’s compensation cases. Do they have a blog or page that features worker’s compensation articles? If you like what you read, call them for an initial consultation. The consultation should be free.

Treat the initial consultation like a job interview. While the attorney will usually discuss your case and ask you many questions about your injury, remember to ask the attorney questions as well. Make sure to ask them how long they have been in practice and how long they have handled worker’s compensation cases.

If you have been injured in a workplace accident, you are entitled to file a worker’s compensation claim. Even if your claim has been denied you may be entitled to compensation for your injury. Don’t give up.Please contact Feniger & Uliasz to ask how we can help you.